These days everyone around is looking for easy, reliable and fast pace solutions to simplify their business operations and in this pursuit they are in continuous search of latest trends & technology that can also keep the quality of their business applications intact!!
Load & Performance Testing
API fortress – It is an automated testing tool which helps in monitoring APIs with or without CI-CD pipeline and can be beneficial in various ways such as while doing load testing of the API – https://apifortress.com/doc/load-testing/
It’s Faster Than GUI Testing
Easy To Maintain Test Case
- Is it providing expected status code or not?
- Verify the response time
- Verify if it is providing the expected set of values in the output or not.
- If your API expects numbers in the input, try to send values such as negative numbers, 0, and large digit numbers.
- Test for authentication on all endpoints.
- Basic authentication shouldn’t be used as it uses HTTP method and submits data in an unencrypted format.
- Maximum retry should be implemented – to ensure if any hacker tries to login with multiple combinations and gets failed then that IP address should be blocked for a certain amount of time.
- Test for parameter tampering – Suppose there is a shopping website having a product of $100 and for that if there is any hidden field for price in the form and the hacker using the inspect element changes the value of that product from $100 to $1 he can then buy that product at $1.
There is no single fit approach to do API testing, but following certain practices and keeping checkpoints in place will always help! It can be safely concluded that API testing has an edge over other techniques when it comes to maintaining product quality. Also, for further complex and more detailed scenarios, API testing helps in achieving maximum test coverage by widening the scope.